When you're feeling that mid-afternoon energy slump, instead of grabbing an unhealthy snack, grab your BlendJet and blend up this protein-packed homemade hummus! Jen Selter shows us how easy and fast it is with her simple recipe.
1 15½-oz. can chickpeas
1 large lemon
1 garlic clove
½ cup tahini, well mixed
¾ tsp. (or more) salt
¼ tsp. ground cumin
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Juice 1 large lemon
- Crush 1 garlic clove
- Drain the can of chickpeas
- Add the lemon juice, crushed garlic clove, and can of chickpeas to your BlendJet Portable Blender and blend until smooth!
- Remove the lid and add 1/2 cup tahini, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Screw the lid back on your BlendJet and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, garnish with olive oil & a sprinkle of sesame seeds
This simple hummus is the perfect compliment to your vegetables and pita chips, or on your sandwiches and wraps!